Rowley Bottom in 1790

The Cam Brook, flowing from west to east, was joined by a small side stream from Rowley Bottom. The proposed levels of the upper and lower canals are shown but these were not built in this area for another decade.
Click here for a diagram explaining the levels.

The small stream, in common with many other small streams in the area, was not used to supply the canal because:
a) The Canal Company did not own the water rights.
b) The stream would have added silt to the canal.
c) Small streams often dried-up in the summer when they were needed most.

The parish roads are shown in yellow